SOLIDWORKS 2017 Reference Guide
A comprehensive reference guide with over 250 standalone tutorials
- A comprehensive reference book for SOLIDWORKS 2017
- Contains 250 plus standalone tutorials
- Starts with a basic overview of SOLIDWORKS 2017 and its new features
- Tutorials are written for each topic with new and intermediate users in mind
- Includes access to each tutorial’s initial and final state as well as video tutorials
The SOLIDWORKS 2017 Reference Guide is a comprehensive reference book written to assist the beginner to intermediate user of SOLIDWORKS 2017. SOLIDWORKS is an immense software package, and no one book can cover all topics for all users. This book provides a centralized reference location to address many of the tools, features and techniques of SOLIDWORKS 2017.
This book covers the following:
- System and Document properties
- 2D and 3D Sketch tools
- Sketch entities
- 3D Feature tools
- Motion Study
- Sheet Metal
- Motion Study
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- PhotoView 360
- Pack and Go
- 3D PDFs
- Intelligent Modeling techniques
- 3D printing terminology and more
Chapter 1 provides a basic overview of the concepts and terminology used throughout this book using SOLIDWORKS 2017 software. If you are completely new to SOLIDWORKS, you should read Chapter 1 in detail and complete Lesson 1, Lesson 2 and Lesson 3 in the SOLIDWORKS Tutorials.
If you are familiar with an earlier release of SOLIDWORKS, you still might want to skim Chapter 1 to become acquainted with some of the commands, menus and features that you have not used; or you can simply jump to any section in any chapter.
Each chapter provides detailed PropertyManager information on key topics with individual stand-alone short tutorials to reinforce and demonstrate the functionality and ease of the SOLIDWORKS tool or feature. The book provides access to over 250 models, their solutions and additional support materials. Learn by doing, not just by reading.
Formulate the skills to create, modify and edit sketches and solid features. Learn the techniques to reuse features, parts and assemblies through symmetry, patterns, copied components, design tables, configurations and more.
The book is designed to compliment the Online Tutorials and Online Help contained in SolidWorks 2017. The goal is to illustrate how multiple design situations and systematic steps combine to produce successful designs.
The author developed the tutorials by combining his own industry experience with the knowledge of engineers, department managers, professors, vendors and manufacturers. He is directly involved with SOLIDWORKS every day and his responsibilities go far beyond the creation of just a 3D model.
Table of Contents
- Quick Start
- System Options
- Document Properties
- Design Intent, Sketching and Sketch Entities
- Sketch Tools, Geometric Relations and Dimensions/Relations Tools
- Extruded Boss/Base, Extruded Cut, Fillet and Cosmetic Features
- Revolved, Hole Wizard, Advanced Hole, Dome, Curve and Thread Features
- Shell, Draft, Rib, Scale and Intersection Feature
- Pattern Features, Mirror Features and Coordinate System
- Swept, Lofted, Wrap, Flex, and Freeform Feature
- Bottom-Up Assembly Modeling and More
- Top-Down Assembly Modeling, Configurations and More
- Drawings and Drawing Tools
- Sheet Metal Features and Tools
- PhotoView 360, Measure and Mass Properties Tool
- Saving, Pack and Go, PDFs, Toolbox, Design Library, SOLIDWORKS Explorer & Parts Reviewer
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- Intelligent Modeling Techniques
- Additive Manufacturing - 3D Printing
- Exercise Files
- Download File359.4 MB
These files are only available to customers who have registered their book with the unique access code that comes with the book and authenticated instructors. Ebook owners can send us a proof of purchase to gain access to these files.
- SOLIDWORKS Video Tutorials
For additional information on downloading, unzipping, and using these files visit the downloads section on our FAQ page.