Engineering Design with SOLIDWORKS 2017 and Video Instruction
A Step-by-Step Project Based Approach Utilizing 3D Solid Modeling
- A comprehensive introduction to SOLIDWORKS using tutorial style, step-by-step instructions
- Comes with training videos demonstrating all the basic tools needed to start using SOLIDWORKS
- Designed for beginning or intermediate SOLIDWORKS users
- Learn to create parts and assemblies using machined, plastic and sheet metal components
- Also covers Simulation, Sustainability, Intelligent Modeling techniques and 3D Printing
- This edition features a fully revised section on the CSWA exam, a sample CSWA exam, and more homework problems
Engineering Design with SOLIDWORKS 2017 and video instruction is written to assist students, designers, engineers and professionals. The book provides a solid foundation in SOLIDWORKS by utilizing projects with step-by-step instructions for the beginner to intermediate SOLIDWORKS user. Explore the user interface, CommandManager, menus, toolbars and modeling techniques to create parts, assemblies and drawings in an engineering environment.
Follow the step-by-step instructions and develop multiple parts and assemblies that combine machined, plastic and sheet metal components. Formulate the skills to create, modify and edit sketches and solid features.
Learn the techniques to reuse features, parts and assemblies through symmetry, patterns, copied components, Design Tables, Bills of Materials, Custom Properties and Configurations. Address various SOLIDWORKS analysis tools and Intelligent Modeling techniques along with Additive Manufacturing (3D printing). Learn by doing not just by reading.
Desired outcomes and usage competencies are listed for each project. Know your objective up front. Follow the steps in Projects 1 - 9 to achieve the design goals.
Review Project 10 on Additive Manufacturing (3D printing) and its benefits and features. Understand the terms and technology used in low cost 3D printers.
Work between multiple documents, features, commands and custom properties that represent how engineers and designers utilize SOLIDWORKS in industry.
Review individual features, commands and tools with the video instruction. The projects contain exercises. The exercises analyze and examine usage competencies. Collaborate with leading industry suppliers such as SMC Corporation of America, Boston Gear and 80/20 Inc.
Collaborative information translates into numerous formats such as paper drawings, electronic files, rendered images and animations. On-line intelligent catalogs guide designers to the product that meets both their geometric requirements and performance functionality.
The author developed the industry scenarios by combining his own industry experience with the knowledge of engineers, department managers, vendors and manufacturers. He is directly involved with SolidWorks every day. His responsibilities go far beyond the creation of just a 3D model.
The book is designed to complement the SolidWorks Tutorials contained in SOLIDWORKS 2017.
View the provided videos in the book to enhance the user experience. The videos cover the following topics:
- Start a SOLIDWORKS 2017 session
- Understand the SOLIDWORKS 2017 Interface
- Create 2D Sketching, Sketch Planes and use Sketch tools
- Create 3D Features and apply Design Intent
- Create an Assembly
- Create fundamental Drawings Part 1 & Part 2
Table of Contents
- Overview of SOLIDWORKS and the User Interface
- Fundamentals of Part Modeling
- Fundamentals of Assembly Modeling
- Fundamentals of Drawing
- Extrude and Revolve Features
- Swept, Lofted and Additional Features
- Top Down Assembly Modeling and Sheet Metal Parts
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- Intelligent Modeling Techniques
- Additive Manufacturing - 3D Printing
- Exercise Files
- Download File81.7 MB
These files are only available to customers who have registered their book with the unique access code that comes with the book and authenticated instructors. Ebook owners can send us a proof of purchase to gain access to these files.
- SOLIDWORKS Video Tutorials
For additional information on downloading, unzipping, and using these files visit the downloads section on our FAQ page.