Parametric Modeling with SOLIDWORKS 2017
- Teaches you SOLIDWORKS 2017 and parametric modeling with hands on tutorials
- Also covers sheet metal, SimulationXpress, basic motion analysis, collision detection and more
- Prepares you to take the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate Exam
- Features a new chapter introducing you to 3D printing
Parametric Modeling with SOLIDWORKS 2017 contains a series of seventeen tutorial style lessons designed to introduce SOLIDWORKS 2017, solid modeling and parametric modeling techniques and concepts. This book introduces SOLIDWORKS 2017 on a step-by-step basis, starting with constructing basic shapes, all the way through to the creation of assembly drawings and motion analysis.
This book takes a hands on, exercise intensive approach to all the important parametric modeling techniques and concepts. Each lesson introduces a new set of commands and concepts, building on previous lessons. The lessons guide the user from constructing basic shapes to building intelligent solid models, assemblies and creating multi-view drawings.
This book also covers some of the more advanced features of SOLIDWORKS 2017, including how to use the SOLIDWORKS Design Library, basic motion analysis, collision detection and analysis with SimulationXpress.
The exercises in this book cover the performance tasks that are included on the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) Examination. Reference guides located at the front of the book and in each chapter show where these performance tasks are covered.
This book also introduces you to the general principles of 3D printing including a brief history of 3D printing, the types of 3D printing technologies, commonly used filaments, and the basic procedure for printing a 3D model. 3D printing makes it easier than ever for anyone to start turning their designs into physical objects and by the end of this book you will be ready to start printing out your own designs.
Table of Contents
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) Exam Overview
- Introduction - Getting started
- Parametric Modeling Fundamentals
- Constructive Solid Geometry Concepts
- Feature Design Tree
- Geometric Relations Fundamentals
- Geometric Construction Tools
- Parent Child Relationships and the BORN Technique
- Part Drawings and Associative Functionality
- Reference Geometry and Auxiliary Views
- Introduction to 3D Printing
- Symmetrical Features in Designs
- Advanced 3D Construction Tools
- Sheet Metal Designs
- Assembly Modeling - Putting it all Together
- Design Library and Basic Motion Study
- Design Analysis with SimulationXpress
- CSWA Exam Preparation