SOLIDWORKS 2017 in 5 Hours with Video Instruction
- Introduces you to the basics of SOLIDWORKS in five easy lessons
- Comes with training videos demonstrating all the basic tools needed to start using SOLIDWORKS
- Concentrates on areas where new users can improve efficiency in the design modeling process
- Develops a Stirling Engine throughout the book
- Perfectly suited for schools including CAD as part of a broader course
SOLIDWORKS 2017 in 5 Hours with video instruction introduces the new user to the basics of using SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software in five easy lessons. This book is intended for the student or designer that needs to learn SOLIDWORKS quickly and effectively for senior capstone, machine design, kinematics, dynamics, and other engineering and technology projects that use SOLIDWORKS as a tool. Engineers in industry are expected to have SOLIDWORKS skills for their company’s next project. Students need to learn SOLIDWORKS without taking a formal CAD course.
Based on years of teaching SOLIDWORKS to engineering students, SOLIDWORKS 2017 in 5 Hours concentrates on the areas where the new user improves efficiency in the design modeling process. By learning the correct SOLIDWORKS skills and file management techniques, you gain the most knowledge in the shortest period of time.
You develop a mini Stirling Engine and investigate the proper design intent and constraints. The mini Stirling Engine is based on the external combustion, closed cycle engine of Scottish inventor, Robert Stirling. In addition to 3D modeling, the engine can be used to teach and connect many engineering and physics principles.
You begin with an overview of SOLIDWORKS and the User Interface (UI), its menus, toolbars and commands. With a quick pace, you learn the essentials of 2D sketching, part and assembly creation, preform motion study, develop detailed part and assembly drawings and much more.
View the provided videos for each section of the book to enhance your experience.
- Start a SOLIDWORKS 2017 session
- Understand the SOLIDWORKS 2017 Interface
- Create 2D Sketching, Sketch Planes and use Sketch tools
- Create 3D Features and apply Design Intent
- Create an Assembly
- Create fundamental Drawings Part 1 & Part 2
Table of Contents
- Overview of SOLIDWORKS and the User Interface
- 2D Sketching, Features and Parts
- Assembly Modeling - Bottom up method
- Design Modifications
- Drawing and Dimensioning Fundamentals
- Additive Manufacturing
- Exercise Files
- Download File32 MB
These files are only available to customers who have registered their book with the unique access code that comes with the book and authenticated instructors. Ebook owners can send us a proof of purchase to gain access to these files.
- SOLIDWORKS 2017 Training Videos
For additional information on downloading, unzipping, and using these files visit the downloads section on our FAQ page.