SolidWorks 2014 Tutorial with Video Instruction
A Step-by-Step Project Based Approach Utilizing 3D Modeling
- Uses step-by-step, project based, tutorials designed for beginning or intermediate users
- Comes with training videos demonstrating all the basic tools needed to start using SolidWorks
- Will prepare you for the Certified SolidWorks Associate Exam
SolidWorks 2014 Tutorial with video instruction is targeted towards a technical school, two year college, four year university or industry professional that is a beginner or intermediate CAD user. The text provides a student who is looking for a step-by-step project based approach to learning SolidWorks with video instruction, SolidWorks model files, and preparation for the Certified Associate - Mechanical Design (CSWA) exam.
The book is divided into two sections. Chapters 1 - 5 explore the SolidWorks User Interface and CommandManager, Document and System properties, simple machine parts, simple and complex assemblies, proper design intent, design tables, configurations, multi-sheet, multi-view drawings, BOMs, Revision tables using basic and advanced features.
Chapters 6 - 9 prepare you for the Certified Associate - Mechanical Design (CSWA) exam. The certification indicates a foundation in and apprentice knowledge of 3D CAD and engineering practices and principles.
Follow the step-by-step instructions and develop multiple assemblies that combine over 100 extruded machined parts and components. Formulate the skills to create, modify and edit sketches and solid features.
Learn the techniques to reuse features, parts and assemblies through symmetry, patterns, copied components, apply proper design intent, design tables and configurations. Learn by doing, not just by reading.
Desired outcomes and usage competencies are listed for each chapter. Know your objective up front. Follow the steps in each chapter to achieve your design goals. Work between multiple documents, features, commands, custom properties and document properties that represent how engineers and designers utilize SolidWorks in industry.
Table of Contents
- Linkage Assembly
- Front Support Assembly
- Fundamentals of Drawing
- Advanced Features
- Pneumatic Test Module and Robot Assembly
- Introduction to the Certified Associate - Mechanical Design (CSWA) Exam and Drafting Competencies
- CSWA Basic & Intermediate Part Creation and Modification
- CSWA Advanced Part Creation and Modification
- CSWA - Assembly Creation and Modification