SolidWorks 2014 Reference Guide
A comprehensive reference guide with over 240 standalone tutorials
- A comprehensive reference book for SolidWorks 2014
- Contains 240 plus standalone tutorials
- Starts with a basic overview of SolidWorks 2014 and its new features
- Tutorials are written for each topic with new and intermediate users in mind
- Comes with a disc containing each tutorial's initial and final state and video tutorials
The SolidWorks 2014 Reference Guide is a comprehensive reference book written to assist the beginner to intermediate user of SolidWorks 2014. SolidWorks is an immense software package, and no one book can cover all topics for all users. This book provides a centralized reference location to address many of the tools, features and techniques of SolidWorks 2014.
This book covers the following:
- System and Document properties
- 2D and 3D Sketch tools
- Sketch entities
- 3D Feature tools
- Motion Study
- Sheet Metal
- Motion Study
- PhotoView 360
- Pack and Go
- Intelligent Modeling techniques and more.
Chapter 1 provides a basic overview of the concepts and terminology used throughout this book using SolidWorks 2014 software. If you are completely new to SolidWorks, you should read Chapter 1 in detail and complete Lesson 1, Lesson 2 and Lesson 3 in the SolidWorks Tutorials. Videos are provided to introduce the new user to the basics of using SolidWorks 3D CAD software.
If you are familiar with an earlier release of SolidWorks, you still might want to skim Chapter 1 to become acquainted with some of the commands, menus and features that you have not used; or you can simply jump to any section in any chapter.
Each chapter (18 total) provides detailed PropertyManager information on key topics with individual standalone short tutorials to reinforce and demonstrate the functionality and ease of the SolidWorks tool or feature. All models for the 240 plus tutorials are located on the enclosed book CD with their solution (initial and final). Learn by doing, not just by reading!
Formulate the skills to create, modify and edit sketches and solid features. Learn the techniques to reuse features, parts and assemblies through symmetry, patterns, copied components, design tables, configurations and more.
The book is designed to compliment the Online Tutorials and Online Help contained in SolidWorks 2014. The goal is to illustrate how multiple design situations and systematic steps combine to produce successful designs.
The author developed the tutorials by combining his own industry experience with the knowledge of engineers, department managers, professors, vendors and manufacturers. He is directly involved with SolidWorks every day and his responsibilities go far beyond the creation of just a 3D model.
Table of Contents
- Quick Start
- SolidWorks System Options
- SolidWorks Document Properties
- Design Intent, Sketching and Sketch Entities
- Sketch Tools, Geometric Relations and Dimensions/Relations Tools
- Extruded Boss/Base, Extruded Cut, Fillet and Cosmetic Features
- Revolved, Hole, Hole Wizard, Dome and Curve Feature
- Shell, Draft, Rib, Scale and Intersection Feature
- Pattern Features, Mirror Features and Coordinate System
- Swept, Lofted, Wrap, Flex, and Freeform Feature
- Bottom-Up Assembly Modeling and more
- Top-Down Assembly Modeling and more
- Drawings and Drawing Tools
- Sheet Metal Features and Tools
- SolidWorks PhotoView 360, Measure tool and Mass Properties
- Pack and Go, PDFs, SolidWorks Toolbox, Design Library and Explorer
- SimulationXpress, Sustainability/SustainabilityXpress, and FloXpress
- Intelligent Modeling Techniques