SolidWorks 2014 in 5 Hours with Video Instruction
- Introduces you to the basics of SolidWorks in five easy lessons
- Comes with training videos demonstrating all the basic tools needed to start using SolidWorks
- Concentrates on areas where new users can improve efficiency in the design modeling process
- Develops a Stirling Engine throughout the book
- Perfectly suited for schools including CAD as part of a broader course
SolidWorks 2014 in 5 Hours with video instruction introduces the new user to the basics of using SolidWorks 3D CAD software in five easy lessons. This book is intended for the student or designer that needs to learn SolidWorks quickly and effectively for senior capstone, machine design, kinematics, dynamics, and other engineering and technology projects that use SolidWorks as a tool. Engineers in industry are expected to have SolidWorks skills for their company’s next project. Students need to learn SolidWorks without taking a formal CAD course.
Based on years of teaching SolidWorks to engineering students, SolidWorks 2014 in 5 Hours concentrates on the areas where the new user improves efficiency in the design modeling process. By learning the correct SolidWorks skills and file management techniques, you gain the most knowledge in the shortest period of time.
You develop a mini Stirling Engine and investigate the proper design intent and constraints. The mini Stirling Engine is based on the external combustion, closed cycle engine of Scottish inventor, Robert Stirling. In addition to 3D modeling, the engine can be used to teach and connect many engineering and physics principles.
You begin with an overview of SolidWorks and the User Interface (UI), its menus, toolbars and commands. With a quick pace, you learn the essentials of 2D sketching, part and assembly creation, preform motion study, develop detailed part and assembly drawings and much more.
View the provided videos for each section of the book to enhance your experience.
- SolidWorks Interface
- 2D Sketching, Sketch Planes and Sketch tools
- 3D Features and Design Intent
- Creating an Assembly
- Fundamentals in Drawings Part 1
- Fundamentals in Drawings Part 2
Table of Contents
- Overview of SolidWorks and the User Interface
- 2D Sketching, Features and Parts
- Assembly Modeling
- Design Modifications
- Drawing Fundamentals