Residential Design Using Autodesk Revit 2018
- Starts at an introductory level
- Project based tutorials design a house from start to finish
- Includes access to extensive video training
- Bonus material covers Revit certification, finding missing elements, and much more
- Helps you prepare for the Autodesk Revit Architecture Certification Exam
Residential Design Using Autodesk Revit 2018 is designed for users completely new to Autodesk Revit. This text takes a project based approach to learning Autodesk Revit’s architectural tools in which you develop a single family residence all the way to photorealistic renderings like the one on the cover. Each book also includes access to extensive video training designed to further help you master Autodesk Revit.
The lessons begin with a basic introduction to Autodesk Revit 2018. The first four chapters are intended to get you familiar with the user interface and many of the common menus and tools.
Throughout the rest of the book a residential building is created and most of Autodesk Revit’s tools and features are covered in greater detail. Using step-by-step tutorial lessons, the residential project is followed through to create elevations, sections, floor plans, renderings, construction sets, etc.
About the Videos
Access to extensive video training is also included with your purchase of this book. These videos break down each topic into several short videos so that you can easily navigate to a specific aspect of a tool or feature in Autodesk Revit. This makes the videos both a powerful learning tool and convenient video reference. The videos make it easy to see the menu selections and will make learning Revit straightforward and simple. It’s like having the author by your side showing you exactly how to use all the major tools in Autodesk Revit.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Revit 2018
- Lake Cabin: Floor Plan
- Overview of Linework and Modify Tools
- Drawing 2D Architectural Objects
- Floor Plans (First Floor)
- Second Floor and Basement Plans
- Floor Systems and Reflected Ceiling Plans
- Interior Design
- Site Tools & Photo-Realistic Rendering
- Construction Documents Set
- Introduction to Phasing and Worksharing
- Introduction to Revit Content Creation
Exclusive Bonus Chapters
- Introduction to Computers
Appendix A: Engineering Graphics
Appendix B: Autodesk Revit Certification Exam
Appendix C: Roof Study Workbook - Draft Edition
Appendix D: Finding Missing Elements in Revit
Appendix E: Introduction to Hand Sketching