Design Integration Using Autodesk Revit 2018
Architecture, Structure and MEP
- Combines all three disciplines of Autodesk Revit into one book
- Guides you through creating a two story law office while teaching you the BIM process
- Uses step-by-step tutorials and starts at an introductory level
- Includes access to extensive video instruction and bonus chapters
- Bonus chapters include an introduction to lighting design, Revit certification, Autodesk Showcase and much more
Design Integration Using Autodesk Revit 2018 is designed to provide you with a well-rounded knowledge of Autodesk Revit tools and techniques. All three disciplines of the Revit platform are introduced in this textbook. This approach gives you a broad overview of the Building Information Modeling (BIM) process. The topics cover the design integration of most of the building disciplines: Architectural, Interior Design, Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical. Civil is not covered, but adding topography to your model is. Each book also includes access to nearly 100 video tutorials designed to further help you master Autodesk Revit.
Throughout the book you develop a two story law office. The drawings start with the floor plans and develop all the way to photo-realistic renderings similar to the one on the cover of this book. Along the way the building’s structure, ductwork, plumbing and electrical (power and lighting) are modeled. By the end, you will have a thorough knowledge of many of the Revit basics needed to be productive in a classroom or office environment. Even if you will only be working with one component of Revit in your chosen profession, this book will give you important knowledge on how the other disciplines will be doing their work and valuable insight into the overall process.
The first four chapters cover many of the Revit basics needed to successfully and efficiently work with the software. Once the fundamentals are covered, the remaining chapters walk you through a building project which is started from scratch so nothing is taken for granted by you or the author.
About Bonus Material
Each book comes with access to the following:
- Extensive video instruction shows you how to use all the major tools in Autodesk Revit.
- Bonus chapters include an introduction to Revit Families, Rooms and Spaces, Lighting Design, Autodesk Showcase and much more.
- A bonus draft copy of the Roof Study Workbook which includes information on controlling the top surface of the roof in Revit
As an instructor, the author understands that many students in a classroom setting have varying degrees of computer experience. To help level the playing field an entire bonus chapter is devoted to an introduction to computers. Much of the basics are covered, from computer hardware and software to file management procedures: including step-by-step instructions on using a flash drive.
About the Videos
Access to nearly 100 videos, almost five hours of content, is also included with your purchase of this book. These videos break down each topic into several short videos so that you can easily navigate to a specific aspect of a tool or feature in Autodesk Revit. This makes the videos both a powerful learning tool and convenient video reference. The videos make it easy to see the menu selections and will make learning Revit straightforward and simple. It's like having the author by your side showing you exactly how to use all the major tools in Autodesk Revit.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Revit 2018
- Quick Start: Small Office
- Revit Basics: Overview of Linework and Modify Tools
- Revit Basics: Drawing 2D Architectural Content
- Floor Plans
- Roof, Floors and Ceilings
- Vertical Circulation
- Structural System
- Elevations, Sections and Details
- Interior Design
- Mechanical System
- Electrical System
- Site and Renderings
- Construction Documents Set
- Revit Families: Introduction to Revit Content Creation
- Introduction to Phasing and Worksharing
Exclusive Bonus Chapters
- Introduction to Computers for CAD/BIM Users
Appendix A: Autodesk Revit Architecture Certification Exam
Appendix B: Finding Missing Elements in Revit
Appendix C: Roof Study Workbook
Appendix D: Rooms and Spaces; Revit’s Unbuilt Elements
Appendix E: Lighting Design in Revit using ElumTools
Appendix F: Introduction to working with 3D PDF
Appendix G: Building Performance Analysis in Revit 2018 R2 and Insight 360
Appendix S: Introduction to Autodesk Showcase