Residential Design Using AutoCAD 2009
Residential Design Using AutoCAD 2009 is an introductory level tutorial which uses residential design exercises as the means to teach AutoCAD 2009. After completing this book readers should have a well-rounded knowledge of Computer Aided Drafting that they can use in the industry as well as a feeling of satisfaction having completed a set of residential drawings.
This textbook starts with a basic introduction to hand sketching techniques and concepts intended to increase your ability to sketch design ideas by hand and to think three-dimensionally. The lessons then begin with an introduction to AutoCAD 2009 starting with a house floor plan. Using step-by-step tutorial lessons, the residential project is followed through to create elevations, sections, details, etc. Throughout the project, new AutoCAD commands are covered at the appropriate time. Focus is placed on the most essential parts of a command rather than an exhaustive review of every sub-feature of a particular command.
Each textbook is bundled with a CD containing video files and all the necessary base files. Throughout the text the reader is presented with icons indicating that a video file is available on the CD for viewing. Each video is a short audio/video presentation on that particular subject.
Table of Contents
- Introduction - Sketching Exercises
- Getting started with AutoCAD 2009
- Crash Course Introduction (The Basics)
- Drawing Architectural Objects (Draw & Modify)
- Residential Project: Floor Plans
- Residential Project: Exterior Elevations
- Residential Project: Sections
- Residential Project: Plan Layout & Interior Elevations
- Residential Project: Site Plan
- Residential Project: Schedules & Sheet Setup
- Residential Project: Lineweights & Plotting
Appendix A: Engineering Graphics
Out of Print