Design Integration Using Autodesk Revit 2017
Architecture, Structure and MEP
- Combines all three disciplines of Autodesk Revit into one book
- Guides you through creating a two story law office while teaching you the BIM process
- Uses step-by-step tutorials and starts at an introductory level
- Includes access to extensive video instruction and bonus chapters
- Bonus chapters include an introduction to lighting design, Revit certification, Autodesk Showcase and much more
- Features new chapters on Vertical Circulation and Annotations
Design Integration Using Autodesk Revit 2017 is designed to provide you with a well-rounded knowledge of Autodesk Revit tools and techniques. All three disciplines of the Revit platform are introduced in this textbook. This approach gives you a broad overview of the Building Information Modeling (BIM) process. The topics cover the design integration of most of the building disciplines: Architectural, Interior Design, Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical. Civil is not covered, but adding topography to your model is. Each book comes with access to numerous video presentations of the written material as well as bonus chapters.
Throughout the book you develop a two story law office. The drawings start with the floor plans and develop all the way to photo-realistic renderings similar to the one on the cover of this book. Along the way the building’s structure, ductwork, plumbing and electrical (power and lighting) are modeled. By the end, you will have a thorough knowledge of many of the Revit basics needed to be productive in a classroom or office environment. Even if you will only be working with one component of Revit in your chosen profession, this book will give you important knowledge on how the other disciplines will be doing their work and valuable insight into the overall process.
The first four chapters cover many of the Revit basics needed to successfully and efficiently work with the software. Once the fundamentals are covered, the remaining chapters walk you through a building project which is started from scratch so nothing is taken for granted by you or the author.
About Bonus Material
Each book comes with access to the following:
- Video previews outline the tools utilized in each chapter and shows readers how to use them.
- Bonus chapters include an introduction to Revit Families, Rooms and Spaces, Lighting Design, Autodesk Showcase and much more.
- A bonus draft copy of the Roof Study Workbook which includes information on controlling the top surface of the roof in Revit
As an instructor, the author understands that many students in a classroom setting have varying degrees of computer experience. To help level the playing field an entire bonus chapter is devoted to an introduction to computers. Much of the basics are covered, from computer hardware and software to file management procedures: including step-by-step instructions on using a flash drive.
The videos cover the following:
- User Interface
- Doors and Windows
- Design Options
- Sheets and Sheet Lists
- Worksharing Introduction
- Sweeps and Reveals
- Revit Structure
- MEP - Mechanical
- MEP - Electrical
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Revit 2017
- Quick Start: Small Office
- Revit Basics: Overview of Linework and Modify Tools
- Revit Basics: Drawing 2D Architectural Content
- Floor Plans
- Roof, Floors and Ceilings
- Vertical Circulation
- Structural System
- Elevations, Sections and Details
- Interior Design
- Mechanical System
- Electrical System
- Site and Renderings
- Construction Documents Set
- Revit Families: Introduction to Revit Content Creation
- Introduction to Phasing and Worksharing
- Introduction to Computers for CAD/BIM Users
Appendix A: Autodesk Revit Architecture Certification Exam
Appendix B: Finding Missing Elements in Revit
Appendix C: Roof Study Workbook
Appendix D: Rooms and Spaces; Revit’s Unbuilt Elements
Appendix E: Lighting Design in Revit using ElumTools
Appendix F: Introduction to working with 3D PDF
Appendix G: Building Performance Analysis in Revit 2017 R2 and Insight 360
Appendix S: Introduction to Autodesk Showcase
The new Revit 2017 videos break down each topic into several short videos so that you can easily navigate to a specific aspect of a tool or feature in Autodesk Revit. In total the videos are nearly five hours in length. The videos can be watched in order as you progress through the book but the new, shorter videos make it easier to refer back to a specific features of a tool if you need. This makes the videos both a powerful learning tool and convenient reference for later.
In addition to the new Autodesk Revit 2017 videos, we are also making the Autodesk Revit 2016 videos available to users who might want them. The Autodesk Revit 2016 training videos were filmed using a previous version of Autodesk Revit. These videos continue to be be largely accurate for 2017. The 2016 videos contain far fewer videos but each video is much longer in length and cover many tools or topics in each video.
- Exercise Files (Updated 10/3/2016)
- Download File227.6 MB
- This book makes use of files that were previously available on Seek.com but have since been removed. To accommodate this we have made these files available as a download here.
- Download File9.69 MB
These files are only available to customers who have registered their book with the unique access code that comes with the book and authenticated instructors. Ebook owners can send us a proof of purchase to gain access to these files.
- Autodesk Revit 2017 Training Videos
- Exclusive Bonus Chapters (Updated 12/1/2016)
- Autodesk Revit 2016 Training Videos
For additional information on downloading, unzipping, and using these files visit the downloads section on our FAQ page.