Commercial Design Using Autodesk Revit 2017
- Starts at an introductory level
- Project based tutorials design an office building from start to finish
- Video instruction is included with each book
- Bonus material covers Autodesk Showcase, finding missing elements and much more
- Helps you prepare for the Autodesk Revit Architecture Certification Exam
- Features new chapters on Vertical Circulation and Annotations
Commercial Design Using Autodesk Revit 2017 is designed for the architectural student using Revit 2017. The intent is to provide the student with a well-rounded knowledge of tools and techniques for use in both school and industry. This text takes a project based approach to learning Revit's architectural tools in which the student develops a three story office building. Each book comes with access to numerous video presentations of the written material. General building codes and industry standard conventions are covered in a way that is applicable to the current exercise.
The first two chapters are intended to get the reader familiar with the user interface and many of the common menus and tools of Revit 2017. A small office is created in chapter two to show just how easy it is to get started using Revit. By the end of chapter two the student will be excited and prepared to take on a much larger project.
Throughout the rest of the book the student develops a three story office building. The drawings start with the floor plans and develop all the way to photo-realistic renderings like the one on the cover of this book. In these chapters many of the architectural tools and features of Revit 2017 are covered in greater detail.
About the Videos
Each book includes access to extensive video training created by author Daniel Stine. The videos make it easy to see the menu selections and will make learning Revit straightforward and simple. At the start of each chapter the reader is prompted to watch a video that previews the topics that will be covered in the proceeding chapter. This allows the reader to be familiar with the menu selections and techniques before they begin the tutorial. Readers will feel more confident in what they are doing and have a better understanding of the desired outcome of each lesson by watching these videos.
The videos cover the following:
- User Interface
- Doors and Windows
- Design Options
- Sheets and Sheet Lists
- Worksharing Introduction
- Sweeps and Reveals
- Revit Structure
- MEP - Mechanical
- MEP - Electrical
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Revit 2017
- Quick Start: Small Office
- Floor Plan (First Floor)
- Floor Plans (Second & Third Floors)
- Vertical Circulation
- Floor Systems & Reflected Ceiling Plans
- Interior & Exterior Elevations
- Sections & Details
- Interior Design
- Site and Rendering
- Construction Documents Set
- Introduction to Revit Content Creation
- Introduction to Phasing and Worksharing
Exclusive Bonus Content
- Introduction to Computers
Appendix A: Autodesk Revit Architecture Certification Exam
Appendix B - Roof Study Workbook
Appendix C - Finding Missing Elements in Revit
Appendix D - Building Performance Analysis In Revit 2017 R2 And Insight 360
Appendix S - Introduction to Autodesk Showcase
The new Revit 2017 videos break down each topic into several short videos so that you can easily navigate to a specific aspect of a tool or feature in Autodesk Revit. In total the videos are nearly five hours in length. The videos can be watched in order as you progress through the book but the new, shorter videos make it easier to refer back to a specific features of a tool if you need. This makes the videos both a powerful learning tool and convenient reference for later.
In addition to the new Autodesk Revit 2017 videos, we are also making the Autodesk Revit 2016 videos available to users who might want them. The Autodesk Revit 2016 training videos were filmed using a previous version of Autodesk Revit. These videos continue to be be largely accurate for 2017. The 2016 videos contain far fewer videos but each video is much longer in length and cover many tools or topics in each video.
- Exercise Files
- Download File47.4 MB
- This book makes use of files that were previously available on seek.autodesk.com but have since been removed. To accommodate this we have made these files available as a download here.
- Download File28.83 MB
These files are only available to customers who have registered their book with the unique access code that comes with the book and authenticated instructors. Ebook owners can send us a proof of purchase to gain access to these files.
- Exclusive Bonus Chapters and Files
- Autodesk Revit 2017 Training Videos
- Autodesk Revit 2016 Training Videos
For additional information on downloading, unzipping, and using these files visit the downloads section on our FAQ page.