Residential Design Using Autodesk Revit 2016
- Starts at an introductory level
- Project based tutorials design a house from start to finish
- Video instruction is included with each book
- Bonus material covers Autodesk Showcase, finding missing elements, certification and more
- Helps you prepare for the Autodesk Revit Architecture Certification Exam
- Features new chapters on phasing, worksharing and content creation
Residential Design Using Autodesk Revit 2016 is designed for the architectural student new to Autodesk Revit 2016. This text takes a project based approach to learning Autodesk Revit’s architectural tools in which the student develops a single family residence all the way to photo-realistic renderings like the one on the cover. Each book comes with a disc containing numerous video presentations in which the author demonstrates and explains the many architectural tools and techniques used in Autodesk Revit 2016.
The lessons begin with a basic introduction to Autodesk Revit 2016. The first four chapters are intended to get the reader familiar with the user interface and many of the common menus and tools.
Throughout the rest of the book a residential building is created and many of Autodesk Revit’s tools and features are covered in greater detail. Using step-by-step tutorial lessons, the residential project is followed through to create elevations, sections, floor plans, renderings, construction sets, etc.
About the Videos
The videos contained on the included disc make it easy to see the menu selections and will make learning Autodesk Revit straightforward and simple. At the start of each chapter the reader is prompted to watch a video that previews the topics that will be covered in the chapter. This allows the reader to be familiar with the menu selections and techniques before they begin the tutorial. Readers will feel more confident in what they are doing and have a better understanding of the desired outcome of each lesson by watching these videos. These videos now include closed captioning support.
The videos cover the following:
- User Interface
- Doors and Windows
- Design Options
- Sheets and Sheet Lists
- Worksharing Information
- Sweeps and Reveals
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Revit 2016
- Lake Cabin: Floor Plan (The Basics)
- Overview of Linework and Modify Tools
- Drawing 2D Architectural Objects
- Residence: Floor Plans (First Floor)
- Residence: Floor Plans (Second Floor and Basement Plans)
- Residence: Roof
- Residence: Floor Systems and Reflected Ceiling Plans
- Residence: Elevations
- Residence: Sections
- Residence: Interior Design
- Residence: Schedules
- Residence: Site Tools & Photo-Realistic Rendering
- Residence: Construction Document Set
- Introduction to Phasing and Worksharing
- Introduction to Revit Content Creation
Bonus Chapters on Disc
- Introduction to Computers
Appendix A: Engineering Graphics
Appendix B: Autodesk Revit Certification Exam, Introduction and Sample Test
Appendix C: Roof Study Workbook - Draft Edition
Appendix D: Finding Missing Elements in Revit
Appendix E: Introduction to Hand Sketching
Appendix S: Introduction to Autodesk Showcase
- This book makes use of files that were previously available on Seek.com but have since been removed. To accommodate this we have made these files available as a download here.
- Download File25.4 MB
For additional information on downloading, unzipping, and using these files visit the downloads section on our FAQ page.