Design Integration Using Autodesk Revit 2016
Architecture, Structure and MEP
- Combines all three flavors of Autodesk Revit into one book
- Guides you through creating a two story law office while teaching you the BIM process
- Uses step-by-step tutorials and starts at an introductory level
- Included disc contains video instruction, starter files, and bonus material
- Bonus chapters include an introduction to lighting design, Revit certification, Autodesk Showcase and much more
- Features a new chapter on phasing and worksharing
Design Integration Using Autodesk Revit 2016 is designed to provide you with a well-rounded knowledge of Autodesk Revit tools and techniques. All three flavors of the Revit platform are introduced in this textbook. This approach gives you a broad overview of the Building Information Modeling (BIM) process. The topics cover the design integration of most of the building disciplines: Architectural, Interior Design, Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical. Civil is not covered, but adding topography to your model is. Each book comes with a disc containing numerous video presentations of the written material as well as bonus chapters.
Throughout the book you develop a two story law office. The drawings start with the floor plans and develop all the way to photo-realistic renderings similar to the one on the cover of this book. Along the way the building’s structure, ductwork, plumbing and electrical (power and lighting) are modeled. By the end, you will have a thorough knowledge of many of the Revit basics needed to be productive in a classroom or office environment. Even if you will only be working with one component of Revit in your chosen profession, this book will give you important knowledge on how the other disciplines will be doing their work and valuable insight into the overall process.
The first four chapters cover many of the Revit basics needed to successfully and efficiently work with the software. Once the fundamentals are covered, the remaining chapters walk you through a building project which is started from scratch so nothing is taken for granted by you or the author.
About the Included Disc:
Each book comes with a disc containing:
- Video previews outline the tools utilized in each chapter and shows readers how to use them.
- Bonus chapters include an introduction to Revit Families, Rooms and Spaces, Lighting Design, Autodesk Showcase and much more.
- A bonus draft copy of the Roof Study Workbook which includes information on controlling the top surface of the roof in Revit
- Chapter starter files which allow readers to jump around the text or skip chapters
As an instructor, the author understands that many students in a classroom setting have varying degrees of computer experience. To help level the playing field bonus chapter 16 on the disc is devoted to an introduction to computers. Much of the basics are covered, from computer hardware and software to file management procedures: including step-by-step instructions on using a flash drive.
The videos cover the following:
- User Interface
- Doors and Windows
- Design Options
- Sheets and Sheet Lists
- Worksharing Introduction
- Sweeps and Reveals
- Revit Structure
- MEP - Mechanical
- MEP - Electrical
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Revit 2016
- Quick Start: Small Office
- Revit Basics: Overview of Linework and Modify Tools
- Revit Basics: Drawing 2D Architectural Content
- Law Office: Floor Plans
- Law Office: Roof, Floors and Ceilings
- Law Office: Structural System
- Law Office: Elevations, Sections and Details
- Law Office: Interior Design
- Law Office: Schedules
- Law Office: Mechanical System
- Law Office: Electrical System
- Law Office: Site and Renderings
- Law Office: Construction Documents Set
- Revit Families: Introduction to Revit Content Creation
- Introduction to Phasing and Worksharing
Bonus Chapters on DVD
- Introduction to Computers for CAD/BIM Users
Appendix A: Autodesk Revit Architecture Certification Exam
Appendix B: Finding Missing Elements in Revit
Appendix C: Roof Study Workbook
Appendix D: Rooms and Spaces; Revit’s Unbuilt Elements
Appendix E: Lighting Design in Revit using ElumTools
Appendix F: Introduction to working with 3D PDF
Appendix S: Introduction to Autodesk Showcase
- This book makes use of files that were previously available on Seek.com but have since been removed. To accommodate this we have made these files available as a download here.
- Download File9.69 MB
- File for chapter on Phasing and Worksharing
- Download File33.7 MB
For additional information on downloading, unzipping, and using these files visit the downloads section on our FAQ page.