Introduction to Autodesk Land Desktop 2008 and Civil Design 2008
Introduction to Autodesk Land Desktop 2008 and Civil Design 2008 introduces the reader to Autodesk's Land Desktop software using tutorial style lessons. Each lesson is based on real world projects that acquaint the reader with the important features of the software. In each lesson goals and objectives for the section are explained then a scenario is purposed. The text gives a thorough description for not only how each of these tasks are accomplished but also why each step is taken.
The text starts out with a review of the basics of AutoCAD and an introduction to Land Desktop. Special attention is given to the important differences between the AutoCAD and Land Desktop commands. As the text continues each section introduces the reader to the many different features of Land Desktop. Topics include points, project manager, parcels, surfaces, contours, cross sections, volumes and grading.
Table of Contents
- Reviewing AutoCAD Basics
- Land Desktop Impacts on the AutoCAD Environment
- Setting AEC Points
- Point Groups and the Land Desktop Project Manager
- Importing and Exporting AEC Points
- Rotation, Translation and Datum Adjustment
- Lines and Curves
- Line Labeling
- Line and Curve Tables
- Point Labeling
- Parcel Computations
- Creating a Surface
- Faults (Breaklines)
- Creating Contours From Surface Data
- Land Desktop Cross Sections
- Earth Volumes
- Civil Design Profiles
- Civil Design Cross Sections
- Civil Design Section Plotting
- Drawing Civil Design Templates
- Defining Civil Design Templates
- Civil Design Control-Templates
- Civil Design Control-Alignments
- Civil Design Control-Profiles
- Civil Design Volume Computations
- Civil Design Grading Object
- Civil/Survey Tool Pack
The author has provided 11 files for various assignments in Introduction to Land Desktop 2008, and 24 files specifically for Assignment 28. Download the zip files by clicking on the links below.
For additional information on downloading, unzipping, and using these files visit the downloads section on our FAQ page.