Engineering Design with SolidWorks 2015 and Video Instruction
A Step-by-Step Project Based Approach Utilizing 3D Solid Modeling
- A comprehensive introduction to SolidWorks using tutorial style, step-by-step instructions
- Comes with training videos demonstrating all the basic tools needed to start using SolidWorks
- Designed for beginning or intermediate SolidWorks users
- Teaches you to develop multiple parts and assemblies using machined, plastic and sheet metal components
- Features a new chapter on 3D printing and a new chapter introducing the user interface
Engineering Design with SolidWorks 2015 and video instruction is written to assist students, designers, engineers and professionals. The book provides a solid foundation in SolidWorks by utilizing projects with step-by-step instructions for the beginner to intermediate SolidWorks user. Explore the user interface, CommandManager, menus, toolbars and modeling techniques to create parts, assemblies and drawings in an engineering environment.
Follow the step-by-step instructions and develop multiple parts and assemblies that combine machined, plastic and sheet metal components. Formulate the skills to create, modify and edit sketches and solid features.
Learn the techniques to reuse features, parts and assemblies through symmetry, patterns, copied components, Design Tables, Bills of Materials, Custom Properties and Configurations. Address various SolidWorks analysis tools and Intelligent Modeling techniques along with Additive Manufacturing (3D printing). Learn by doing not just by reading.
Desired outcomes and usage competencies are listed for each project. Know your objective up front. Follow the steps in Projects 1 - 9 to achieve the design goals.
Review Project 10 on Additive Manufacturing (3D printing) and its benefits and features. Understand the terms and technology used in low cost 3D printers.
Work between multiple documents, features, commands and custom properties that represent how engineers and designers utilize SolidWorks in industry.
Review individual features, commands and tools with the Video Instruction. The projects contain exercises. The exercises analyze and examine usage competencies. Collaborate with leading industry suppliers such as SMC Corporation of America, Boston Gear and 80/20 Inc.
Collaborative information translates into numerous formats such as paper drawings, electronic files, rendered images and animations. On-line intelligent catalogs guide designers to the product that meets both their geometric requirements and performance functionality.
The author developed the industry scenarios by combining his own industry experience with the knowledge of engineers, department managers, vendors and manufacturers. These professionals are directly involved with SolidWorks every day. Their responsibilities go far beyond the creation of just a 3D model.
The book is designed to compliment the SolidWorks Tutorials contained in SolidWorks 2015.
View the provided videos in the book to enhance the user experience.
- SolidWorks Interface
- 2D Sketching, Sketch Planes and Sketch tools
- 3D Features and Design Intent
- Creating an Assembly
- Fundamentals in Drawings Part 1 & Part 2
Table of Contents
- Overview of SolidWorks and the User Interface
- Fundamentals of Part Modeling
- Fundamentals of Assembly Modeling
- Fundamentals of Drawing
- Extrude and Revolve Features
- Swept, Lofted and Additional Features
- Top Down Assembly Modeling and Sheet Metal Parts
- SolidWorks Simulation
- Intelligent Modeling Techniques
- Additive Manufacturing - 3D Printing
- Revised Index
- Download File193.2 KB
For additional information on downloading, unzipping, and using these files visit the downloads section on our FAQ page.