SolidWorks 2011 Tutorial with Multimedia CD
- Uses step-by-step, project based, tutorials that are designed for beginners
- Includes 1.5 hours of video instruction on a multimedia CD
- Covers SimulationXpress, Sustainability, DFMXpress and Intelligent Modeling Techniques
- Will prepare you for the new Certified SolidWorks Associate Exam (CSWA)
SolidWorks 2011 Tutorial with Multimedia CD is target towards a technical school, two year college, four year university or industry professional that is a beginner or intermediate CAD user. The text provides a student who is looking for a step-by-step project based approach to learning SolidWorks with an enclosed 1.5 hour Multi-media CD, SolidWorks model files, and preparation for the CSWA exam.
The book is divided into two sections. Chapters 1 - 7 explore the SolidWorks User Interface and CommandManager, Document and System properties, simple machine parts, simple and complex assemblies, design tables, configurations, multi-sheet, multiview drawings, BOMs, Revision tables using basic and advanced features along with Intelligent Modeling Techniques, SustainabilityXpress, SimulationXpress and DFMXpress.
Chapters 8 - 11 prepare you for the new Certified SolidWorks Associate Exam (CSWA) that was released this year. The CSWA certification indicates a foundation in and apprentice knowledge of 3D CAD and engineering practices and principles.
Follow the step-by-step instructions and develop multiple assemblies that combine over 100 extruded machined parts and components. Formulate the skills to create, modify and edit sketches and solid features. Learn the techniques to reuse features, parts and assemblies through symmetry, patterns, copied components, design tables and configurations. Learn by doing, not just by reading!
Desired outcomes and usage competencies are listed for each chapter. Know your objective up front. Follow the steps in each chapter to achieve your design goals. Work between multiple documents, features, commands, custom properties and document properties that represent how engineers and designers utilize SolidWorks in industry.
Table of Contents
- Linkage Assembly
- Front Support Assembly
- Fundamentals of Drawing
- Advanced Features
- Pneumatic Test Module and Robot Assembly
- SimulationXpress, Sustainability, DFMXpress
- Intelligent Modeling Techniques
Certified SolidWorks Associate Examination Study Material:
- CSWA Introduction and Drafting Competencies
- Basic & Intermediate Part Creation and Modification
- Advanced Part Creation and Modification
- CSWA - Assembly Creation and Modification
Out of Print
Out of Print