Residential Design Using Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011
- Starts at an introductory level
- Project based tutorials design a house from start to finish
- Video instruction is included with each book
- Bonus material covers site design, Revit content creation, architectural sketching, engineering graphics, an introduction to computers, and much more!
Residential Design Using Revit Architecture 2011 is designed for the architectural student new to Revit Architecture 2011. This text takes a project based approach to learning Revit Architecture in which the student develops a single family residence all the way to photo-realistic renderings like the one on the cover. Each book comes with a DVD containing numerous video presentations in which the author shows and explains the many tools and techniques used in Revit Architecture 2011.
This book starts with an optional basic introduction to hand sketching techniques and concepts intended to increase your ability to sketch design ideas by hand and to think three-dimensionally. The lessons then begin with an introduction to Revit Architecture 2011. The first four chapters are intended to get the reader familiar with the user interface and many of the common menus and tools.
Throughout the rest of the book a residential building is created and the many tools and features of Revit Architecture 2011 are covered in greater detail. Using step-by-step tutorial lessons, the residential project is followed through to create elevations, sections, floor plans, renderings, construction sets, etc.
About the Videos
The videos contained on the included DVD make it easy to see the menu selections and will make learning Revit Architecture straightforward and simple. At the start of each chapter the reader is prompted to watch a video that previews the topics that will be covered in the proceeding chapter. This allows the reader to be familiar with the menu selections and techniques before they begin the tutorial. Readers will feel more confident in what they are doing and have a better understanding of the desired outcome of each lesson by watching these videos.
Table of Contents
- Introduction - Sketching Exercises
- Getting Started with Revit Architecture 2011
- Lake Cabin: Floor Plan (The Basics)
- Overview of Linework and Modify Tools
- Drawing 2D Architectural Objects
- Residence: Floor Plans (First Floor)
- Residence: Floor Plans (Second Floor and Basement Plans)
- Residence: Roof
- Residence: Floor Systems and Reflected Ceiling Plans
- Residence: Elevations
- Residence: Sections
- Residence: Interior Design
- Residence: Schedules
- Residence: Photo-Realistic Rendering
- Residence: Construction Document Set
Appendix A: Engineering Graphics
Appendix B: Autodesk Revit Architecture Certification Exam, Introduction and Sample Test
Out of Print
Out of Print