Parametric Modeling with Creo Parametric 4.0
An Introduction to Creo Parametric 4.0
- Covers solid modeling and parametric modeling with Creo Parametric 4.0
- Guides you from creating basic shapes to building intelligent solid models and multi-view drawings
- Uses a hands-on, exercise intensive, tutorial style approach
- Includes coverage of Creo Animation, advanced assembly modeling, and sheet metal design
- Contains a new chapter on 3D printing
The primary goal of Parametric Modeling with Creo Parametric 4.0 is to introduce the aspects of Solid Modeling and Parametric Modeling. This text is intended to be used as a training guide for any student or professional wanting to learn to use Creo Parametric.
This text covers Creo Parametric and the lessons proceed in a pedagogical fashion to guide you from constructing basic shapes to building intelligent solid models and creating multi-view drawings. This text takes a hands-on, exercise-intensive approach to all the important Parametric Modeling techniques and concepts. This textbook contains a series of eleven tutorial style lessons designed to introduce beginning CAD users to Creo Parametric.
The basic premise of this book is that the more designs you create using Creo Parametric, the better you learn the software. With this in mind, each lesson introduces a new set of commands and concepts, building on previous lessons. This book will provide you with a good basis for exploring and growing in the exciting field of Computer Aided Engineering.
This book also introduces you to the general principles of 3D printing including a brief history of 3D printing, the types of 3D printing technologies, commonly used filaments, and the basic procedure for printing a 3D model. 3D printing makes it easier than ever for anyone to start turning their designs into physical objects and by the end of this book you will be ready to start printing out your own designs.
Table of Contents
- Parametric Modeling Fundamentals
- Constructive Solid Geometry Concepts
- Model History Tree
- Constraints and Parametric Relations
- Parent/Child Relationships
- Datum Features, 3D Annotation, and Part Drawings
- Introduction to 3D Printing
- Symmetrical Features in Designs
- Three Dimensional Construction Tools
- Basic Sheet Metal Designs
- Advanced Modeling Tools
- Assembly - Putting It All Together
- Advanced Assembly Modeling and Animation