Introduction to Finite Element Analysis Using Pro/MECHANICA Wildfire 5.0
- Uses a hands on, exercise intensive, tutorial approach.
- Starts at an introductory level and covers all the important FEA techniques and concepts.
- Introduces theoretical FEA concepts so readers can better understand Pro/MECHANICA.
The primary goal of Introduction to Finite Element Analysis Using Pro/MECHANICA Wildfire 5.0 is to introduce the aspects of finite element analysis that are important to the engineers and designers. Theoretical aspects of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) are also introduced as they are needed to help better understand the operations. The primary emphasis of the text is placed on the practical concepts and procedures to using Pro/MECHANICA in performing Linear Statics Stress Analysis; but the basic modal analysis procedure is covered.
This text is intended to be used as a training guide for students and professionals. This text covers Pro/MECHANICA and the lessons proceed in a pedagogical fashion to guide you from constructing basic truss elements to generating three-dimensional solid elements from solid models. This text takes a hands-on exercise intensive approach to all the important Finite Element Analysis techniques and concepts. This textbook contains a series of ten tutorial style lessons designed to introduce beginning FEA users to Pro/MECHANICA. The basic premise of this book is the more designs you create using Pro/MECHANICA, the Better you learn the software. With this in mind, each lesson introduces a new set of commands and concepts, building on previous lessons.
Table of Contents
- The Direct Stiffness Method
- Truss Elements in Two-Dimensional Spaces
- 2D Trusses in MS Excel and the Truss Solver
- Pro/MECHANICA Two-Dimensional Truss Analysis
- Three-Dimensional Truss Analysis
- Basic Beam Analysis
- Beam Analysis Tools
- Statically Indeterminate Structures
- Two Dimensional Solid Elements
- Three-Dimensional Solid Elements
- Axisymmetric and Thin Shell Elements
- Dynamic Modal Analysis