Introduction to AutoCAD 2012 for Civil Engineering Applications
- Combines the theory of engineering graphics and the use of AutoCAD 2012
- Uses clearly defined objectives and step-by-step instructions
- This edition has been further improved with many new features
The main purpose of this book is to provide civil engineering students with a clear presentation of the theory of engineering graphics and the use of AutoCAD 2012. Each chapter starts with the chapter objectives followed by the introduction. The contents of each chapter are organized into well-defined sections that contain step-by-step instructions to carry out the AutoCAD commands. The drawings shown in this book are created using AutoCAD 2012 and Paint software.
Several improvements have been made to this edition. An index has been added and one of the chapters has been partitioned into two chapters, hence the twenty two chapters. Chapter chapter 19, 'Suggested In-Class Activities', has been improved and provides in-class activities (or labs). For some of the initial ICAs, it explains the drawing with the help of step-by-step instruction. Also, new problems have been added to the homework’s chapter. Furthermore, the contents and the drawings of every chapter are improved.
Each chapter starts with the chapter objectives followed by the introduction. The bulleted objectives provide a general overview of the material covered. The contents of each chapter are organized into well-defined sections that contain detailed step-by-step instructions with graphical illustrations to carry out the AutoCAD commands.
This book has been categorized and ordered into nine parts:
- Introduction to AutoCAD 2012
- Use of AutoCAD in land survey data plotting
- The use of AutoCAD in hydrology
- Transportation engineering and AutoCAD
- AutoCAD and architecture technology
- Introduction to working drawing
- Suggested drawing problems
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Engineering Graphics
- Getting Started with AutoCAD 2012
- Basics of 2-Dimentional Drawings
- Basics of 2-Dimentional Editing
- Layout and Template Files
- Dimensioning Techniques
- Land Survey
- Drainage Basin
- Road Design
- Floor Plan
- Site Plan
- Construction Drawings
- Suggested In-Class Activities
- Homework Drawings
The author has provided files needed to complete the tutorials in this book. They can be downloaded below.
For additional information on downloading, unzipping, and using these files visit the downloads section on our FAQ page.