Finite Element Simulations with ANSYS Workbench 17
Theory, Applications, Case Studies
- A comprehensive easy to understand workbook using step-by-step instructions
- Designed as a textbook for undergraduate and graduate students
- Relevant background knowledge is reviewed whenever necessary
- Twenty seven real world case studies are used to give readers hands-on experience
- Comes with video demonstrations of all 45 exercises
- Printed in full color
Finite Element Simulations with ANSYS Workbench 17 is a comprehensive and easy to understand workbook. Printed in full color, it utilizes rich graphics and step-by-step instructions to guide you through learning how to perform finite element simulations using ANSYS Workbench.
Twenty seven real world case studies are used throughout the book. Many of these case studies are industrial or research projects that you build from scratch. Prebuilt project files are available for download should you run into any problems. Companion videos, that demonstrate exactly how to perform each tutorial, are also available.
Relevant background knowledge is reviewed whenever necessary. To be efficient, the review is conceptual rather than mathematical. Key concepts are inserted whenever appropriate and summarized at the end of each chapter. Additional exercises or extension research problems are provided as homework at the end of each chapter.
A learning approach emphasizing hands-on experiences spreads though this entire book. A typical chapter consists of 6 sections. The first two provide two step-by-step examples. The third section tries to complement the exercises by providing a more systematic view of the chapter subject. The following two sections provide more exercises. The final section provides review problems.
Who this book is for
This book is designed to be used mainly as a textbook for undergraduate and graduate students. It will work well in:
- a finite element simulation course taken before any theory-intensive courses
- an auxiliary tool used as a tutorial in parallel during a Finite Element Methods course
- an advanced, application oriented, course taken after a Finite Element Methods course
Table of Contents
- 2D Simulations
- 3D Solid Modeling
- 3D Simulations
- Surface Models
- Line Models
- Buckling and Stress Stiffening
- Modal Analysis
- Transient Structural Simulations
- Nonlinear Simulations
- Nonlinear Materials
- Explicit Dynamics
ANSYS Student Products
Starting from Release 17, ANSYS provides a free, renewable six-month product license for students anywhere in the world. The only limitation is that the problem size should be less than 32,000 nodes/elements. All examples in this book are designed to meet this limitation. A student product can be downloaded from the following website: http://www.ansys.com/Products/Academic/ANSYS-Student
- Exercise Files
- Download File420.6 MB
These files are only available to customers who have registered their book with the unique access code that comes with the book and authenticated instructors. Ebook owners can send us a proof of purchase to gain access to these files.
- Video demonstrations of book exercises chapters 2 - 6
- Video demonstrations of book exercises chapters 7 - 15
- Results Animations
- Lecture Slides and Figures
For additional information on downloading, unzipping, and using these files visit the downloads section on our FAQ page.