Finite Element Simulations with ANSYS Workbench 13
- A comprehensive easy to understand workbook using step-by-step instructions
- Designed as a textbook for undergraduate and graduate students
- Relevant background knowledge is reviewed whenever necessary
- Twenty seven case studies are used to give readers hands-on experiences
Finite Element Simulations with ANSYS Workbench 13 is a comprehensive and easy to understand workbook. It utilizes step-by-step instructions to help guide readers to learn finite element simulations. Twenty seven case studies are used throughout the book. Many of these cases are industrial or research projects the reader builds from scratch. An accompanying DVD contains all the files readers may need if they have trouble. Relevant background knowledge is reviewed whenever necessary. To be efficient, the review is conceptual rather than mathematical, short, yet comprehensive. Key concepts are inserted whenever appropriate and summarized at the end of each chapter. Additional exercises or extension research problems are provided as homework at the end of each chapter.
A learning approach emphasizing hands-on experiences spreads though this entire book. A typical chapter consists of 6 sections. The first two provide two step-by-step examples. The third section tries to complement the exercises by providing a more systematic view of the chapter subject. The following two sections provide more exercises. The final section provides review problems.
Who this book is for
This book is designed to be used mainly as a textbook for undergraduate and graduate students. It will work well in:
- a finite element simulation course taken before any theory-intensive courses
- an auxiliary tool used as a tutorial in parallel during a Finite Element Methods course
- an advanced, application oriented, course taken after a Finite Element Methods course
Table of Contents
- 2D Simulations
- 3D Solid Modeling
- 3D Simulations
- Surface Models
- Line Models
- Buckling and Stress Stiffening
- Modal Analyses
- Structural Dynamics
- Nonlinear Simulations
- Nonlinear Materials
- Explicit Dynamics
The chapter 11 lecture file has been added to the DVD content that comes with this book. Because it was not available when the book was first released we have made it available to everyone for download.
- Lecture 11 pdf
- Download File2.6 MB
For additional information on downloading, unzipping, and using these files visit the downloads section on our FAQ page.