Engineering Graphics Text and Workbook
This book focuses on strengthening 3D visualization skills through sketching exercises. It does not make reference to any particular computer-aided design software package.
- Shape representation and problem solving using freehand sketching. Assignments can be completed outside class.
- Surface Analysis -- A powerful approach to teaching visualization.
- Establishes a process for solving problems. Students can solve features of objects before they can "see" the shapes.
- Challenging problems. Worksheet layouts allow faster progress.
- Students learn how to think about shapes in three dimensions.
- Students can prove every line on a drawing. There is no question whether the answer is correct or not.
Table of Contents
- Freehand Lettering
- Freehand Sketching
- Orthographic Projection
- Normal Surfaces
- Inclined Surfaces
- Oblique Surfaces
- Cylindrical Surfaces
- Auxiliary Views
- Sectional Views
- Threads and Fasteners
- Drafting Geometry
- Cad Layout Drawings
This book is availabe with two different problem sets. The text is the same for both. The problems are similar but have been changed so that the book can be alternated from semester to semester to discourage cheating.
There are seperate ISBNs for the different verions:
Series 1.2: 978-1-58503-133-7
Series 2: 978-1-887503-88-4
Out of Print