Commercial Design Using Revit Architecture 2009
Commercial Design Using Revit Architecture 2009 was designed for the architectural student using Revit Architecture 2009. The intent is to provide the student with a well-rounded knowledge of tools and techniques for use in both school and industry. This text takes a project based approach to learning Revit Architecture in which the student develops a three story office building. Each book comes with a DVD containing numerous video presentations of the written material. General building codes and industry standard conventions are covered in a way that is applicable to the current exercise.
The first two chapters are intended to get the reader familiar with the user interface and many of the common menus and tools of Revit Architecture 2009. A small office is created in chapter two to show just how easy it is to get started using Revit Architecture. By the end of chapter two the student will be excited and prepared to take on a much larger project.
Throughout the rest of the book the student develops a three story office building. The drawings start with the floor plans and develop all the way to photo-realistic renderings like the one on the cover of this book. In these chapters the many tools and features of Revit Architecture 2009 are covered in greater detail.
The videos contained on the included DVD make it easy to see the menu selections and will make learning Revit Architecture straightforward and simple. Throughout the book the reader is presented with icons indicating that a video file is available on the DVD for viewing. Each video is a short presentation on that particular subject.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Revit Architecture 2009
- Quick Start: Small Office
- Office Building: Floor Plan (First Floor)
- Office Building: Floor Plans (Second & Third Floors)
- Office Building: Roof
- Office Building: Floor Systems & Reflected Ceiling Plans
- Office Building: Interior & Exterior Elevations
- Office Building: Sections
- Office Building: Floor Plan Features
- Office Building: Estimate and Schedules
- Office Building: Photo-Realistic Renderings
- Office Building: Construction Documents Set