Commands Guide Tutorial for SolidWorks 2012
A Comprehensive Reference Guide with over 240 tutorials
- A comprehensive reference book for SolidWorks 2012
- Contains 240 plus standalone tutorials
- Starts with a basic overview of SolidWorks 2012 and its new features
- Comes with a CD containing models of each tutorial's initial and final state
The Commands Guide Tutorial for SolidWorks 2012 is a comprehensive reference book written to assist the beginner to intermediate user of SolidWorks 2012. SolidWorks is an immense software package, and no one book can cover all topics for all users. The book provides a centralized reference location to address many of the tools, features and techniques of SolidWorks 2012.
This book covers the following:
- System and Document properties
- 2D and 3D Sketch tools
- Sketch entities
- 3D Feature tools
- Motion Study
- Sheet Metal
- Motion Study
- Sustainability Xpress
- PhotoView 360
- Pack and Go
- Intelligent Modeling techniques and more.
Chapter 1 provides a basic overview of the concepts and terminology used throughout this book using SolidWorks® 2012 software. If you are completely new to SolidWorks, you should read Chapter 1 in detail and complete Lesson 1, Lesson 2 and Lesson 3 in the SolidWorks Tutorials.
If you are familiar with an earlier release of SolidWorks, you still might want to skim Chapter 1 to become acquainted with some of the commands, menus and features that you have not used; or you can simply jump to any section in any chapter.
Each chapter (18 total) provides detail PropertyManager information on key topics with individual stand alone short tutorials to reinforce and demonstrate the functionality and ease of the SolidWorks tool or feature. All models for the 240 plus tutorials are located on the enclosed book CD with their solution (initial and final). Learn by doing, not just by reading!
Formulate the skills to create, modify and edit sketches and solid features. Learn the techniques to reuse features, parts and assemblies through symmetry, patterns, copied components, design tables, configurations and more.
The book is design to compliment the Online Tutorials and Online Help contained in SolidWorks 2012. The goal is to illustrate how multiple design situations and systematic steps combine to produce successful designs.
The authors developed the tutorials by combining their own industry experience with the knowledge of engineers, department managers, professors, vendors and manufacturers.These professionals are directly involved with SolidWorks everyday. Their responsibilities go far beyond the creation of just a 3D model.
Table of Contents
- Quick Start
- SolidWorks System Options
- SolidWorks Document Properties
- Design Intent, Sketching and Sketch Entities
- Sketch Tools, Geometric Relations and Dimensions/Relations Tools
- Extruded Boss/Base, Extruded Cut, Fillet and Cosmetic Features
- Revolved, Hole, Dome and Curve Features
- Shell, Draft, and Rib Features
- Pattern Features, Mirror Features and Coordinate System PropertyManager
- Sweep, Loft, Wrap and Flex Features
- Bottom-Up Assembly Modeling and more
- Top-Down Assembly Modeling and more
- Drawings and Drawing Tools
- Sheet Metal Features and Tools
- SolidWorks PhotoView 360 and Measure Tools
- Pack and Go, PDFs, SolidWorks Toolbox, Design Library and Explorer
- SimulationXpress, Sustainability/SustainabilityXpress, and FloXpress
- Intelligent Modeling Techniques
Up until this year the Student Design Kit (SDK) was included with each SolidWorks textbook from SDC Publications. However, the SDK Program has been terminated by SolidWorks Corporation.
Students will now have access to free copies of SolidWorks through a different mechanism. When a school purchases its SolidWorks license a number of free licenses are available for students. In order to determine how many free licenses are available for students, instructors need to contact SolidWorks directly.
The contact person at SolidWorks is Chris Morse. Her telephone number is (781) 810-5443. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. She will provide software license codes and work with you to make sure that you have enough licenses for every student.
Out of Print
Out of Print