Autodesk Revit 2012 BIM Management
Architecture, Structure and MEP
- Designed for students already familiar with Revit Architecture
- Teaches you to set up office standards with templates
- Learn to coordinate, update and share design data with team members through all phases of a building's life
- Uses real world drawing projects
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is an approach to the entire building life cycle. Autodesk Revit Architecture, Autodesk Revit MEP, and Autodesk Revit Structure are powerful BIM programs that support the ability to coordinate, update, and share design data with team members throughout the design construction and management phases of a building’s life. A key component in managing the BIM process is to establish a company foundation for different types of projects by creating standard templates and custom elements. Having this in place makes the process of any new project flow smoothly and efficiently.
The objective of the Autodesk Revit 2012 BIM Management is to enable readers who have worked with the software to expand their knowledge in setting up office standards with templates that include annotation styles, preset views, sheets, and schedules, as well as creating custom element types and families.
What you'll learn:
- Create custom templates with annotation styles, title blocks, and custom element types
- Create schedules, including material takeoff schedules with formulas
- Create custom wall, roof, and floor types
- Set up a family file
- Create family geometry
- Create family types
- Create specific families, including in-place families, profiles, annotations, and parameters.
Who this book is for:
Students should be comfortable with the fundamentals of Revit. Knowledge of basic techniques is assumed, such as creating walls, roofs, and other objects, copying and moving objects, and creating and working with views, etc.
Table of Contents
- Creating custom templates
- Custom Walls, Roofs & Sections
- Family Concepts & Techniques
- Creating Specific Families
- Creating Architectural Specific Families
- Creating MEP Specific Families
- Creating Structural Specific Families
Appendix A: Additional Management Tools
Appendix B: Skills Assessment
There are several files required to complete the tutorials in this book. These files are available by download below. These files have been broken up into several smaller groups to improve the download performance, however, some of them are still quite large and may take longer to download.
- Revit Architecture 1
- Download File14.3 MB
- Revit Architecture 2
- Download File12.3 MB
- Revit Architecture 3
- Download File12.2 MB
- Revit MEP 1
- Download File15.7 MB
- Revit MEP 2
- Download File20.2 MB
- Revit MEP 3
- Download File15.4 MB
- Revit MEP 4
- Download File22 MB
- Revit Structure 1
- Download File16.5 MB
- Revit Structure 2
- Download File19 MB
For additional information on downloading, unzipping, and using these files visit the downloads section on our FAQ page.
Out of Print