AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 Essentials
- Designed for readers with no prior AutoCAD Civil 3D experience
- Covers the core tasks and common workflows of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Learn to create and analyze surfaces, model road corridors, perform takeoff and volume calculations, lay out pipe networks and much more
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 Essentials is designed for students, Civil Engineers and Surveyors who want to take advantage of AutoCAD Civil 3D's interactive, dynamic design functionality. AutoCAD Civil 3D permits the rapid development of alternatives through its model-based design tools. You will learn techniques enabling you to organize project data, work with points, create and analyze surfaces, model road corridors, create parcel layouts, perform grading and volume calculations tasks, and lay out pipe networks.
This textbook focuses on teaching students the core tasks and workflows that are needed to successfully operate AutoCAD Civil 3D. This text is intended for all users of AutoCAD Civil 3D.
What You'll Learn:
- The AutoCAD Civil 3D user interface
- Create /Edit Parcels and print parcel reports
- Create and manage Points and Point Groups and work with survey figures
- Create, edit, view, and analyze surfaces
- Create and edit Alignments
- Create data shortcuts and vault projects
- Create sites, profiles and cross-sections
- Create assemblies, corridors, and intersections
- Create complex grading solutions
- Create pipe networks
- Perform quantity takeoff and volume calculations
- Utilize Plan productions to create plan profiles sheets
Table of Contents
- The Civil 3D Interface
- Data Sharing
- Pipe Networks
- Quantity Take Off/Sections
- Plan Production
Appendix: Design Data
There are several files required to complete the tutorials in this book and they may be downloaded below.
- Exercise Files
- Download File320.7 MB
For additional information on downloading, unzipping, and using these files visit the downloads section on our FAQ page.