ANSYS Tutorial Release 14
Structure & Thermal Analysis Using the ANSYS Mechanical APDL Release 14 Environment
- Contains eight, step-by-step, tutorial style lessons progressing from simple to complex
- Covers problems involving truss, plane stress, plane strain, axisymmetric, solid, beam, and plate structural elements
- Example problems in heat transfer, thermal stress, mesh creation and importing of CAD models are included
The eight lessons in this book introduce the reader to effective finite element problem solving by demonstrating the use of the comprehensive ANSYS FEM Release 14 software in a series of step-by-step tutorials. The tutorials are suitable for either professional or student use.
The lessons discuss linear static response for problems involving truss, plane stress, plane strain, axisymmetric, solid, beam, and plate structural elements. Example problems in heat transfer, thermal stress, mesh creation and transferring models from CAD solid modelers to ANSYS are also included.
The tutorials progress from simple to complex. Each lesson can be mastered in a short period of time, and lessons 1 through 7 should all be completed to obtain a thorough understanding of basic ANSYS structural analysis.
The concise treatment includes examples of truss, beam and shell elements completely updated for use with ANSYS APDL 14.
Table of Contents
- Plane Stress, Plane Strain
- Axisymmetric Problems
- Three-Dimensional Problems
- Heat Transfer, Thermal Stress
- Selected Topics