SolidWorks 2012 Tutorial with Video Instruction
A Step-by-Step Project Based Approach Utilizing 3D Modeling
- Uses step-by-step, project based, tutorials designed for beginning or intermediate users
- Includes 1.5 hours of video instruction on a multimedia disk
- Covers SimulationXpress, Sustainability, DFMXpress and Intelligent Modeling Techniques
- Will prepare you for the Certified SolidWorks Associate Exam
SolidWorks 2012 Tutorial with Video Instruction is target towards a technical school, two year college, four year university or industry professional that is a beginner or intermediate CAD user. The text provides a student who is looking for a step-by-step project based approach to learning SolidWorks with an enclosed 1.5 hour video instruction DVD, SolidWorks model files, and preparation for the CSWA exam.
The book is divided into two sections. Chapters 1 - 7 explore the SolidWorks User Interface and CommandManager, Document and System properties, simple machine parts, simple and complex assemblies, design tables, configurations, multi-sheet, multi-view drawings, BOMs, Revision tables using basic and advanced features along with Intelligent Modeling Techniques, SustainabilityXpress, SimulationXpress and DFMXpress.
Chapters 8 - 11 prepare you for the new Certified SolidWorks Associate Exam (CSWA). The CSWA certification indicates a foundation in and apprentice knowledge of 3D CAD and engineering practices and principles.
Follow the step-by-step instructions and develop multiple assemblies that combine over 100 extruded machined parts and components. Formulate the skills to create, modify and edit sketches and solid features.
Learn the techniques to reuse features, parts and assemblies through symmetry, patterns, copied components, design tables and configurations. Learn by doing, not just by reading!
Desired outcomes and usage competencies are listed for each chapter. Know your objective up front. Follow the steps in each chapter to achieve your design goals. Work between multiple documents, features, commands, custom properties and document properties that represent how engineers and designers utilize SolidWorks in industry.
Table of Contents
- Linkage Assembly
- Front Support Assembly
- Fundamentals of Drawing
- Advanced Features
- Pneumatic Test Module and Robot Assembly
- SimulationXpress, Sustainability, DFMXpress
- Intelligent Modeling Techniques
Certified SolidWorks Associate Examination Study Material:
- CSWA Introduction and Drafting Competencies
- Basic & Intermediate Part Creation and Modification
- Advanced Part Creation and Modification
- CSWA - Assembly Creation and Modification
Up until this year the Student Design Kit (SDK) was included with each SolidWorks textbook from SDC Publications. However, the SDK Program has been terminated by SolidWorks Corporation.
Students will now have access to free copies of SolidWorks through a different mechanism. When a school purchases its SolidWorks license a number of free licenses are available for students. In order to determine how many free licenses are available for students, instructors need to contact SolidWorks directly.
The contact person at SolidWorks is Chris Morse. Her telephone number is (781) 810-5443. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. She will provide software license codes and work with you to make sure that you have enough licenses for every student.
- The files needed to complete the tutorials in Chapter 8 and 9 were mistakenly left off some of the discs packaged with this book. They are available for download below.
- Download File13 MB