Parametric Modeling with Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0
- Introductory level and tutorial style
- Covers Pro/ENGINEER and parametric modeling with hands on tutorials
- New in this edition is coverage of Pro/Animation and Advanced Assembly Modeling
The primary goal of Parametric Modeling with Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0 is to introduce the aspects of solid modeling and parametric modeling. The text is a hands-on, exercise-intensive approach to all the important parametric modeling techniques and concepts. This book contains a series of eleven tutorial style lessons designed to introduce beginning CAD users to the most commonly used features of Pro/ENGINEER. Each lesson introduces a new set of commands and concepts, building on previous lessons. This text guides you from constructing basic shapes to building intelligent solid models and creating multi-view drawings. The basic premise of this book is that the more designs you create, the better you learn the software. This book will establish a good basis for exploring and growing in the exciting field of computer aided engineering. By the end of this book the reader will advance to an intermediate level Pro/ENGINEER user.
Table of Contents
- Parametric Modeling Fundamentals
- Constructive Solid Geometry Concept
- Model History Tree
- Parametric Relations and Constraints
- Parent/Child Relationships
- Datum Features, 3D Annotations, and Part Drawings
- Symmetrical Features in Designs
- Three Dimensional Construction Tools
- Advanced Modeling Tools
- Assembly - Putting It All Together
- Advanced Assembly Modeling and Pro/Animation
Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0 Student Edition Software
Starting September 1st 2010 this book comes bundled with the Pro/Engineer Wildfire 5.0 Student Edition software. This is available for educational use only when ordered through a school bookstore or department.
The Pro/Engineer Wildfire 5.0 Student Edition software has a perpetual license. This software cannot be used for commercial purposes. Files created in the student version cannot be opened by the commercial version. However, files created with the commercial version can be opened in the student version.
If your students have questions about installing their software refer them to the instruction guide located on the installation DVD. If they continue to experience problems have them contact email@example.com.
Note: This software is available only to college/university bookstores and schools located in the United States and Canada. Individual sales to students are not permitted.