Commercial Design Using AutoCAD 2013
- Designed for beginners wanting to learn how to design commercial buildings using AutoCAD
- Project based tutorials design a campus library from start to finish
- Video instruction is included with each book
- Bonus material covers Google SketchUp, an introduction to computers, and a roof study workbook
Commercial Design Using AutoCAD 2013 is designed for the architectural student using AutoCAD 2013. The intent is to provide the student with a well-rounded knowledge of tools and techniques for use in both school and industry. This text takes a project based approach to learning AutoCAD in which the student develops a campus library. Each book comes with a CD containing numerous video presentations of the written material.
The first two chapters are intended to get the reader familiar with the user interface as well as the most common menus, tools and commands that are required to work effectively with AutoCAD 2013. By the end of chapter two the student will be excited and prepared to take on a much larger project.
Throughout the rest of the book the student develops the campus library. Using step-by-step tutorial lessons, the library project is followed through to create FFE plans, interior elevations, schedules, and details. In these chapters many of the additional tools and features of AutoCAD 2013 are covered in greater detail. General building codes and industry standard conventions are covered in a way that is applicable to the current exercise.
About the Videos
The videos contained on the included CD make it easy to see the menu selections and will make learning AutoCAD straightforward and simple. At the start of each chapter the reader is prompted to watch a video that previews the topics that will be covered in the proceeding chapter. This allows the reader to be familiar with the menu selections and techniques before they begin the tutorial. Readers will feel more confident in what they are doing and have a better understanding of the desired outcome of each lesson by watching these videos.
- User Interface
- Getting Started
- Draw Tools
- Modify Tools
- Floor Plans
- Line Weights
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Getting Started
- Introduction: The Must Know Commands
- Library Project: Floor Plans - Part 1
- Library Project: Floor Plans - Part 2
- Library Project: Floor Plans - Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FFE)
- Library Project: Interior Elevations
- Library Project: Details (Level: Construction Documents)
- Library Project: Schedules & Sheet Setup
- Library Project: Plotting
Appendix A-1: Layer & Lineweight Standards
Appendix A-2: Text and Dimensions
Appendix A-3: Abbreviations
- Introduction to Computers
- Introduction to Google SketchUp
Appendix B: Roof Study Workbook - Draft Edition
After the publication of this book, two websites referenced in chapter four have changed. The parts of chapter four that reference these websites have been updated to reflect these changes and may be downloaded in pdf format below.
- Chapter 4 Updates
- Download File1.31 MB